Cavity wall, external wall and loft insulation may need to be removed on occasion for a number of different reasons including:
- Damage to the insulation caused by flood damage. leaks or fire
- To replace contaminated or vermin infested insulation
- To remove or replace wet, failed, degenerated or poorly installed cavity wall insulation
- To allow for cavity surveys for potential wall tie and cavity tray replacement
- Rising damp damaging the insulation – caused by a failed or damaged damp proof course
- To assist with rubble removal etc. caused by previous property maintenance
- To remove cavity wall insulation from homes that are unsuitable for the product
- To assist with demolition works
Wet or damp wall insulation is unlikely to dry out and should be removed by specialist contractors. Voids in the insulation (areas with no insulation) should not have insulation simply pumped in to fill the void – the entire elevation may need to have all the insulation removed. Viridian Energy Solutions (VES) have the most advanced extraction equipment and machinery together with the necessary skills to complete this work.
Our assessors have the latest damp detection equipment, cavity scopes and cameras and will assess your property free of charge. Following the assessment we will provide you with a no obligation tailored quote. Typically a full house cavity wall insulation removal on a 3 bedroom semi-detached home will cost £1000 to £2250 and can take between one and three days to complete. Loft insulation removal on the same property will cost £300 to £600 and is usually completed in one day. We also offer further cavity and loft insulation extraction discounts for homeowners and tenants living in Ashford, Folkestone, Dover, Canterbury, Margate, Maidstone and other towns in Kent.
We can provide new clean, dry insulation following the removal.
Written reports, cavity videos or pictures for official bodies (insurers etc.) are available on request but will incur additional charges.